Friday, March 9, 2012

Apples in my Oven

The other night we made some baked apples. They are such an easy and tasty dessert!

We started out by coring our apples, this was started with a paring knife and finished with a spoon. Then I grabbed the brown sugar, cinnamon, oats, raisins, and granola and let everyone make their own.

Mine had everything that I just mentioned, minus the granola. The kids used the granola, and one was against the raisins.

My husband's baked apple? Don't ask. No, really, don't.

I suppose I should have taken a photo of it. Though, at the time I wasn't thinking of blogging, I was just ashamed of his apple, didn't want anyone to see that horrendous thing!

Fine. He also used all of the above mentioned ingredients. Plus; honey (which might have led to one of the kids adding it as well,) a few pretzel sticks, a leftover Candy Cane Hershey's Kiss, and a few popcorn kernels, just because. Really it was quite the piece of art. The popcorn didn't pop, in case you were wondering, and the pretzels that were pushed into the apple got soggy, but I hear that the Kiss was wonderful.

They baked in a 350 degree oven for about an hour.

Here is a photo of the pretty baked apple: Mine.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I'd love to hear your comments!